Bach One Nine is conveniently located right in the heart of Ohakune, on Moore St near the AA Motor camp and less than 5 minutes walk to cafe’s, shops, bars & restaurants.
We’ve created a cosy, relaxing haven to unwind and relax, but Ohakune is an outdoor adventure paradise, with so much to do, summer or winter. Skiing, hiking, fishing, biking, day spa’s, helicopter adventures, museums, great coffee…the list goes on.
- So for those who want to explore what Ohakune has to offer here are some ideas to help you plan that weekend getaway.
Check out the Information Centre, located right in the heart of Ohakune on Clyde St (opposite Mountain Rocks bar), or vist www.visitruapehu.co.nz
- Local events and eateries are listed on www.ohakune.info
- For all ski-related info, check out www.mtruapehu.com
- Got a wet day or want to relax a little then try Tokaanu Hot Thermal Springs, approx 50 minutes drive from Ohakune and at southern end of lake Taupo www.nzhotpools.co.nz
- The Waiouru Army Museum, approx 20 minutes from Ohakune is definitely worth a look www.armymuseum.co.nz as is the Railway Museum at Ohakune Railway Station
- For adrenaline junkies Gravity Canon will give you the fix you need, approx 45 south on State Highway 1 www.gravitycanyon.co.nz just passed Taihape
- Great coffee is a must for some, so try Utopia Café on Clyde St; Mountain Rocks on cnr Clyde and Goldfinch Sts; Cyprus Tree on cnr Clyde & Miro; or OCR at The Junction
- There’s a detailed compendium with more information on local attractions and restaurants in the Bach.